On the accessibility of mathematics to visually impaired students in higher education
From STEM Enable
- The below describes personal experiences in: Higher Education, Secondary Education.
- The below description may be useful for: Assistive Technologist, Disability Practitioner, Lecturer, Student, Teacher.
Further information can be found at:
- I/We studied Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research
- I/We have Visual Impairments
- I/We describe experiences, methods and processes as of 2012.
- The way STEM is learned and taught led to STEM challenges because I experience Visual difficulties. The particular challenges are:
- The challenges successfully met were:
- To meet these challenges I/We used the following processes:
- I/We also built the skills:
Overview of content
This personal experience has sections on:
- Assistive technology and its implications
- Accessing reading materials and submission of written materials using LaTeX
- Obtaining accessible mathematical documents
- Obtaining accessible diagrams
- Using LaTeX to submit written work
- The LaTeX-access scripts
- Making a choice of editor
- Converting documents to LaTeX
About this page
Admin only: Expand to create redirect pages based on synonyms and search terms.
Facts about "On the accessibility of mathematics to visually impaired students in higher education"