Assisting mathematics students who have Asperger syndrome
This development was produced by Nicola Martin, Emma Cliffe. Information is correct as of 2012. The information is suitable for Higher Education. The information is suitable for Disability Practitioner, Lecturer, Student. Further information can be found at:
This development is relevant to:
- Subjects: Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research
- Disabilities: Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Difficulties: Anxiety/Stress, Difficulty empathising, Organisational difficulties.
The particular STEM challenges considered are:
- The challenges successfully met were:
- To meet these challenges the following processes were employed:
- The following skills were also built:
Overview of content
The section headings are:
- Characteristics of AS
- A stereotypical mathematics department?
- Potential solutions from the academic department
- Aspiration raising and early assistance
- In the classroom
- Outside the classroom
- Academic work
- REAL services
About this page
Admin only: Expand to create redirect pages based on synonyms and search terms.