Accessibility in MSOR: LaTeX and Braille
The mini-project, supported by the Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research Network (part of the HEA and now closed) hoped to develop BrlTex and so create a modular document conversion system, with input formats to include LaTeX and MathML, and output formats such as Braille (in any number of flavours), MathML, speech, etc.
This development was produced by Peter Rowlett, Emma Rowlett, Michael Whapples. Information is correct as of 2011. The information is suitable for Higher Education. The information is suitable for Lecturer, Student. Further information can be found at:
This development is relevant to:
- Subjects: Mathematics, Statistics and Operational Research
- Disabilities: Visual Impairments
- Difficulties: Visual difficulties.
The particular STEM challenges considered are:
- The challenges successfully met were:
- To meet these challenges the following processes were employed:
- The following skills were also built:
About this page
Admin only: Expand to create redirect pages based on synonyms and search terms.